10.23.2009

Ssshhhh, don't tell Pottery Barn!

I just love Pottery Barn style, but I hate paying PB prices!  Look at the hurricane candle arrangement I "reinterpreted" for $7 a piece!

Here is the inspiration, courtesy of Pottery Barn...



And here is the Kendall "on the cheap" reinterpretation!



I found the hurricanes at Hobby Lobby for $5.99 a piece.  I layered river rocks in the bottom (PB used nuts or acorns).  I had the pillar candles already.  I used 2 silk Fall leaves layered on top of each other and tied in the middle of the candle with a piece of dark brown raffia.  I tucked a sprig of Fall berries on the side, and voila!  Cute fall arrangement "on the cheap"!  Pottery Barn is charging $59 for just each hurricane, without all the stuff inside!  Wow!

I added a wooden bowl full of gourds and mini pumpkins to the arrangement....




And the whole thing looks like this....

 

It sits on the sideboard in my formal dining room.

I also put together this little arrangement...

 

I used mini pumpkins and gourds to fill a tall footed glass container.  I filled in the holes with silk fall leaves and berry sprigs.  Total cost for this project?  $6, the cost of the pumpkins.  I already had the container & leaves.   By the way, find a local pumpkin patch to buy these mini pumpkins.  I got a great deal on mine at 6 for $3.  Also, Hobby Lobby is running 50% off their Fall decorations right now!

No comments:

Search my archives for more great ideas!