5.01.2009

About Mrs. Finesse Your Nest!


Welcome and I'm so glad you stopped by!

I love beautiful decorating "on the cheap" and I started Finesse Your Nest as a fun way to chronicle my adventures in trash pickin', thrifting, rehabbing, and trying to make my home a more beautiful place.  Little did I know I would meet so many wonderful people along the way that shared the same interests!  

Finesse Your Nest has evolved in the last year from just a fun little hobby to an actual decorating business.  I didn't know a year ago that this little blog would open up so many opportunities to share my decorating passion with others.  I'm now helping others in the Houston area through actual design jobs as well as custom design plans.  I'm also venturing into the land of "online consultations".  See the Design Advice tab for more about that.

Okay, shameless plug over!  Now a little more about me...


I was born and raised in Southern Oklahoma, but have lived in Houston for the last 14 years.  The creative "bug" runs in my family.  My grandmother was a working artist/crafter all her life and my Mom is one of the most creative people I know!  

I met my husband in 1997 and we married in 2000.  I have 2 great boys, a 14 year old stepson who will start High School next year (*sigh, I'm getting old!) and a 9 year old who keeps me on my toes!  We live in Katy, TX, a suburb of Houston where my days are filled playing chauffeur to the 2 boys with all their activities, working on the PTA, helping my husband with his business, blogging and moonlighting as a quasi-decorator.

 The Finesse Your Nest Family!

I was in retail my entire working career, starting out in buying at Foley's (Macy's now), then as the art, mirror, and frame buyer for Garden Ridge, a home decor chain with stores mainly in the Southwest.  I then ventured into costume jewelry, buying for Charming Charlie, a retail chain located here in Houston.  

  Thanks again for visiting and I hope to chat with you soon!

Photobucket

Search my archives for more great ideas!