2.23.2010

I'm not the only one who loves balls!

I'll use any excuse to be a little...errrr.....gross!  Okay, there's still a part of me that snickers a little when someone says chicken breast.  I admit it!

Okay, so moving on now....

One of my friends from high school, Kathleen, has a great little blog called Widdlebugs

Last week she went a wittle cwazy (*I love Elmer Fudd, you?) making not only the ratty jute balls I made a few weeks ago, but she expanded the ball selection and I wanted to share them with you because they are so cool.....cool balls (*gutter talkin*)

Her rendition of "ratty jute balls"...
 
This is a tennis ball wrapped in raffia!  How clever is that?!

Another tennis ball wrapped in white rope!

Okay, so Kathleen, I have to tell you.... I really love your balls
Happy Tuesday everyone....

13 comments:

Tales from the Trails said...

Cute balls...hehehe. Couldn't avoid that one.

Hubby and I saw the ceramic balls at Sam Moon last weekend. Too expensive and not as cute.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Ba-hahahahahhaha! Normally I would say "I love your balls" but I think you already beat me to the punch with your post. Thanks, I needed a good laugh and when all else fails, "fart" always gives me a much needed giggle!

Seriously though, nicely done!

Vanessa said...

Cute, that's pretty clever!

Unknown said...

There are alot of good jokes with this topic, but I'll behave! My favorite balls are the ones I won from you. I've made some smaller ones from jute. I made one out of rafia, too. If you see me posting about one I made from dental floss, you'll know I ran out of jute and was desperate!

Nancy

Alison Agnew said...

What a simple and great idea! This is why I follow blogs of talented and creative people....so I can totally steal their clever ideas.

alice said...

great balls of fire! tooooo funny! Very clever.
smiles, alice

Aimee said...

i too snicker everytime i hear "dirty" words/phrases.
it doesnt help that my boufriend says-thats what she said for EVERYTHING!

That being said... I love the idea of using balls to decorate and those were some lovely balls

Sue said...

Too funny...but, cute stuff!

Annesphamily said...

I love these balls! I saw some cute leather looking balls at my Family Dollar Store! They would look so cool in a black deco bowl!

I smile when I stop by here! :)

Unknown said...

You. Are. So. Funny!!!! I'm laughing outloud and had to share your post with my hubby - of course guys laugh at this stuff too!! So glad to know I'm not the only one out there..

Jen @ Noting Grace

Melanie said...

You are funny!

I think I am the only one that hasn't jumped on the twine ball wagon. I love all the ideas out there though.

Meg said...

Great job, Kendall! I suppose you could say you're on the ball? GROAN. I know, I know.

These are so great looking! They'd add such interest to almost anything!

Kathleen said...

Kendall! OMG how did I miss this post! TY for the shout out!!!! On hubby's computer - this is Kathleen!!!

Search my archives for more great ideas!