11.23.2009

The heart of the home...the kitchen

Happy Monday all!  It's a beautiful, sunny day here in Katy, TX!  I've been thinking about all the company coming to visit in 3 days.  Do you have relatives or friends coming for Thanksgiving?

Plan for the kid's table?  CHECK. (check out my post here)

And I'm still choosing my main tablesetting (check out the ideas I'm pondering here)

I don't know about you, but everyone always gathers in my kitchen for parties.  I wanted to share some "inspiration" photos of great kitchens....kitchens that feel "homey"....kitchens where people want to congregate.  I need a little push in the right direction to get my kitchen ready for Thursday.  Enjoy and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

I love this kitchen a lot because the owner really "went for it" with the color (I just love someone who isn't afraid of colors other than beige!)  This kitchen is so warm & cozy!

(photo BHG)

I can see myself perched on one of those "cushy" barstools sipping some apple cider!


This one is a favorite too.  I would love to know what paint they used.  Very warm & inviting!


(photo BHG)

This kitchen has so many elements I love...the range hood, the contrasting black island with rush barstools, the awesome chandelier.  A white kitchen with lots of texture to keep it from feeling "cold"...


(photo BHG)

I love how the owner pulled all their white serveware together on display.  Collections don't have to be expensive to look great!  I also LOVE the chalkboard pantry door!


















(photo Country Living)

I've been thinking about taking some of my upper cabinet doors off and creating open shelves like these....




















(photo Country Living)

Aaah, the organized pantry...


















(photo Country Living)

No comments:

Search my archives for more great ideas!