1.19.2010

1st "Welcome to NEWBIE" Weekly Feature!



Welcome to my first "Welcome to NEWBIE" weekly feature.  Each Wednesday, I will introduce you to a few NEW, or as I like to call us, NEWBIE, bloggers who are fun, creative and just plain COOL!

You, my peeps, get some new inspiration and the NEWBIE hopefully gets some new followers!  A win-win for all!

So, here we go with the 1st blog you MUST go visit!


Meet Meg!



And here's Meg's very awesome blog!




Meg was born in Atlanta and has lived in Georgia most of her life. Meg is a blushing newlywed!  She was  married May 2, 2009 to a rambunctious redhead named Lee, and they have another ginger in the family—an orange cat named Charlie, who according to Meg, is a very wise cat!


Like many newlyweds,  Lee and Meg started out their home decorating adventure with virtually nothing. She inherited an "awful Midwest Persian rug looking couch" her parents gave her from the early 90’s and her bedroom furniture from high school.  Meg's challenge was to make the house look cute on a tight budget. They scored free dining room furniture from Lee’s friend who was moving to Oregon and couldn’t take it with her, and from there started collecting things from Goodwill and Craig’s List. Most everything in their home is a hand-me-down, Goodwill or Craig’s List find.  A girl after my own heart!

Here's Meg's house!



Isn't that just the cutest?!  I love all the trees!  I have no trees out here in master planned suburbia. I'm SO jealous!

And here are some of the wonderful thrifty transformations in Meg's home!


Before...



And ooo, la, la...the after...


Oh how I LOVVVVVE that fabric!

And here's where these yummy chairs live.....Meg's beautiful living room!



Meg's style is so refreshing.  Reminds me a lot of the now defunct Domino magazine (*hysterical sobbing ensues*)


Meg saw through the...well....green-ness of this armoire.  Here's the jolly green giant before and the cool blue after...



 
*sidenote -- that's a vintage stereo console to the left of the armoire that Meg picked up at Goodwill for $15!

Lee's childhood dresser...it's SO retro!  I think I had a dresser like that once...
 


But with some white paint, look at the gorgeous "cottagey" piece it turned into!


I love the contrasting handles.  Yummy!

And here's Meg's latest project and one of my personal favorites!






What an impact!!  Love, love, triple love!


And if that weren't enough she also did this awesome coastal inspired online design consultation!  Check out:
I've seen several online consultations and Meg's is a standout.  She provides details on every room element and has a knack for mixing textures and pieces without being too "themey".  I'm SO wanting her to do a consultation for me!  (hint hint Meg!)

Are you in love yet?  Okay, to seal the deal, Meg's incredibly knowledgeable about all things blogging.

or

So, I hope you enjoyed meeting Meg and learning more about her blog, House Notes
Now go explore her blog and if you like what you see, become a follower!


And now, meet my 2nd featured blogger...

Here's Robyn!


And Robyn's "so beautiful I'm swooning" blog...



Robyn is a busy wife and working soccer mom of one 11 year old daughter.  Robyn has been following decor blogs for several years now, but has only been blogging herself for a few weeks (and you seriously would not know it by looking at her blog!)  Robyn is a woman of many talents including past ventures in a monogramming business and an antiques business. Robyn is originally from South Mississippi and currently lives in a suburb of Birmingham, Alabama.  Robyn is an Alabama football fan, which I totally will NOT hold against her.  (as I sit here in a UT hoodie and shout Hook 'EM!!!)  No seriously, great championship win!

I would describe Robyn's style as casual cottage elegance meets Pottery Barn chic.  It's a look I strive for....not contrived....relaxed....and looks like it just "happened" -- the mark of true decorating talent!

  Check out what she did to her staircase!

The before...




And the super cute after!



I'm drooling over these beautiful burlap pillows she made for her white slipcovered sofa! 

 
Is that a hint of zebra rug I see?  Love, love, love....


Here's Robyn's G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S kitchen! 


Love the pendant lights and the contrasting white finish on the island!

Robyn's parents lived in Germany in the '60s and have many wonderful things from their European travels.

Like this marble lamp...



I have never seen one of these before.  What a stately piece!

Robyn will be showing several of her parents treasures over the next few posts. Can't wait to see them all!

I'm SO looking forward to seeing more of Robyn's projects and more pictures of her beautiful home (hint, hint Robyn...SHOW US MORE!)

So go check out My Southern Cottage

You'll fall in love with Robyn's style just like I did and become a follower!

That concludes my very FIRST "Welcome to NEWBIE Wednesday".  This NEWBIE is so glad you stopped by!

Come back next Wednesday to meet more NEWBIES!

7 comments:

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

You are so sweet...this is such a great idea!!! I can't wait to go visit everyone!!!

Have a wonderful evening!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Unknown said...

So funny! My husband has that same dresser! I am totally going to book mark this post and show him we can make that thing look better!

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea... I just got to add two really great blogs to my list! Thanks so much for doing the research and finding all the gems for us!

Heather said...

Horray! So thrilled to find a new blog to follow and to see a well-deserved shout-out to Meg. I'm the lucky gal who got the custom consultation! :) It's awesome seeing all her best projects in one place - she's done so much in a short period of time on a smart budget!

Meg said...

You are the best! Thanks for all of the kind words and a great opportunity. I'm loving following this blog and am looking forward to meeting some great people. I'm off to grab the 'I've been featured' button!

The Brick Cottage said...

What a great series! I came over to check it out from Meg's awesome blog and looks like I will now be following Finesse Your Nest and My Southern Cottage. Thanks!!!

Robyn said...

Thanks for the feature!! Great job! I've grabbed the button!

Search my archives for more great ideas!