12.07.2009

Container Madnesssssss!!!!

If you've been reading you know that I hosted a holiday decorating workshop for my PTA friends last week.  It was such a fun event!  I talked a lot about container decorating, and here are some of the containers I put together.

Christmas Ball Ornaments...


Peppermint candy filled, and Candy Canes are hanging out too!




Cranberries with white pillars.  This has been done, but it's just so beautiful. 


I'm doing cranberries in tall glass cylinders on my mantle this year.  It's going to look something like this...

(photo BHG - wish I could say it was mine!)


Fresh Limes with berry sprigs.  You have heard that lime green is THE hot color this year, right?


Cookie cutters I found at Dollar Tree.  Wouldn't this just be adorable in the kitchen?


My rule of thumb with containers is that REPETITION is the easiest way to create a beautiful tablescape or mantle arrangement.  Choose different shapes but fill with like items.  Boy, I wish I would have known that after spending many hours trying to create elaborate arrangements and getting frustrated because it just didn't look right!  Sometimes simple is best!

No comments:

Search my archives for more great ideas!