1.13.2011

Shades of Gray

I have like a ZILLION other projects that are more important, but I'm stuck on re-doing my dining room.  This is the way it looks right now...

This is such a BAD picture, all yellowy, but my lazy butt doesn't want to snap a new one so I pulled this from an earlier post.

Everything is going away, except the dining room chairs and this...

I could never get tired of my drippy chandy!

So, I want to paint the room GRAY.  This is the color I'm thinking about..

{Benjamin Moore}

I think it will look really pretty with the white crown moulding in the room. 

I found my big round table!  Those of you who follow me regularly know that I've been looking for one for the last year!  I'll post a picture of it later, but I found it on Craig's List for $300.  It's 72" and solid wood and it's sitting in my garage waiting patiently for me to stain it!

So, here are some fabrics I'm looking at for the chairs and possibly curtains...

{from Ikea.  I'm not sure if the pattern will work for chairs, but I think it would make really cool curtains}

{There's that Ikat fabric!  This one is from West Elm}



{Dwell Studio at fabric.com}


{Gray Leather at fabric.com}

I would love to find a thrift store dresser to paint and use as a buffet, kind of like this one...

{photo courtesy of Cococozy}

I'll be posting more on the dining room as it progresses!



Photobucket

3 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

That will look great!! I'm getting ready to paint our master bedroom gray this weekend. I wish I could just snap my fingers and the whole room would be painted. :)

Stephenie from Decorating Addiction said...

I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm currently thinking of using grays in my bedroom (it's currently all dark cherry wood). It's a big step to refinish all the furniture, but I'm so sick of how dark it is in there.

Samantha said...

I love grey and that ikat.

Search my archives for more great ideas!