2.13.2010

3rd "Shop the House Sunday" Linky Party

 

Good morning!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful, relaxing weekend so far!

Mr. Finesse Your Nest helped participate in this week's "big" project...that is, after I checked his temperature to be sure he wasn't running a high fever (ha!)

Two sweet guys from his office came out one evening and moved a TON of furniture and other things that needed to be cleaned up but we couldn't get to.  You see, Mr. FYN has a bad back and even though he's perfectly willing to move anything, he'll pay for it the week after!  So he surprised me with these extra helpers!  I love Mr. FYN!

So today, I'm not showing you any "finished" STH projects, but I am showing you what we accomplished and a sneak peek of next weekend's project!

This is an antique dresser that my sweet sis-in-law let me "borrow" many years ago and now I think it's just going to stay with me, I love it so much!  (Thank you Cristi!)

It used to house all of Pierce's clothes in his room, but it's got a few "health" issues.  A foot needs to be replaced, some of the beautiful trimwork needs help, handles need to be cleaned & polished,  and it needs a good sanding and restaining.  I think when I'm done with it, it will be a showstopper!
So, where am I going to use it?  In the breakfast room as either a "bar" or a baking center....because it has this beautiful soft gray marble top...

Isn't that gorgeous?  I'm really excited to begin this project on Monday!


Our little helper guys also cleaned out our 4th bedroom upstairs which was originally used as a workout room.  It was packed floor to ceiling (and I'm really not exaggerating) with misc furniture, art, boxes of picture frames, books....you name it!  Of course, in my giddiness to have extra help I forgot to take before pics, but here's what it looks like once they cleaned everything out!

You can actually see the elliptical, free weights and bench again, wow!  I haven't seen them in all their glory in about a year (for shame! for shame!)

See that cool wood grid piece on the right?  It's super huge, like 60x60 and I got it at Round Top for $40!  All us Texan gals know Round Top, but for those who aren't familiar with this huge antiques fair, go to www.roundtop.com to check it out.

By the way, if any of you Texas bloggers would like to meet at Round Top and make it a girl's shopping day, let me know!!  Would love to shop with a posse!

This is the other side of the room....and.....Finesse Your Nest's future craft/sewing area!!!!  I'm super pumped about this.  I've been using my dining room table for projects, which is quite inconvenient, since the dining room is the first thing you see upon entering my home!  More to come on this project too, and of course, everything will be "shopped" from my house!


Okay, now it's your turn!

Show me how you "shopped" your house this weekend and created something beautiful or refreshed a space.

Remember to link to your specific post, not your general blog address!

Link back to this party (I hate deleting posts, really I do!)  My button is on the right side of the page if you like to use those.

And, most importantly, your project must use things already in your home.  We spend NO MONEY at this party!

Have a nice rest of the weekend!
























4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kendall,
That is a wonderful dresser! The marble top is so pretty. I can't wait to see where you put it.

I don't think I'll have anything to link up this week, but will be thinking of what I can do. I enjoy this party!

Nancy

Angie Holden said...

Thanks for the linky party!! :) I am in!! :)
And I can't wait for more on your dresser!!

Suzann said...

Just popping in to say Happy Valentine's Day!

Suzann (The Olive Cottage)

Shellbelle said...

Oh Kendall, you were moving things about and I was packing boxes for my BIG move, but we both had the same thing in mind Shop the House Sunday!

Digging through cupboards and closets I came across so many things that I can repurpose for my new home. I have a couple of boxes labeled "Shop the House Projects" that will be put to great use once I get settled in.

Looking forward to seeing your upcoming projects!

Search my archives for more great ideas!