11.29.2009

Thanksgiving...done...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Hope you all had a nice time with family and/or friends.  We had a great time with Brett's parents, sister and her family.  Here are some pics of our Thanksgiving decor.

The "adult" table....



And here is a closeup of the placesetting.  I was going to make placecard holders out of the apples, but ran out of time!



Here is a closeup of the centerpiece.  This was SO easy to put together.  I just bought whatever fruits were on sale cheap at the grocery store and placed them in the container, topped with a harvest candle.  After, we emptied the jars and sent everyone home with fruit!



Here is the kid's table...




I have to say the fall tree turned out really cute, but it took FOREVER to make.  Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.  I should have bought a leaf shaped paper punch and it would have gone much faster.  Instead, I printed leaf templates off the internet and cut out every one of them.

At 3 am in my delirious state, I was coming up with anything I could cut out that would fill up the space faster!  Birds....nests....snakes....






I made an activity book for each placesetting from sheets I found on the internet...



I placed jars of crayons, colored pencils, markers & a bowl of playdoh on the table to keep the little turkeys busy...



All in all, it was a great time with family.  Oh, and the HO HO HO plates I wasn't so sure about last week?  One slipped and broke, so I figured that was the decorating gods telling me it WAS indeed a hot mess and into the trashcan they went!



No comments:

Search my archives for more great ideas!