I immediately sat down and put together one of the projects I posted about last week. Here it is...
Isn't that the cutest?! It was super easy. Here's the step by step:
1. Use a medium to large pumpkin. Wash off pumpkin with wet cloth.
2. Tape a stencil on pumpkin (I used W for our last name. You could also use 3 smaller pumpkins & spell out the word BOO. I would use no smaller than 4" stencil).
3. With a Sharpie, trace around the stencil.
4. Use a pumpkin carving knife or paring knife (I used a paring knife) to cut the outline of the letter.
5. Carefully cut out just the top layer of pumpkin skin inside the traced letter. (Beware -- the pumpkin will be a little "juicy" so don't be wearing anything too nice!)
6. Place pumpkin in a pot, urn or other fun container.
7. Tuck in a sprig of Fall leaves, berries or branches.
8. Tie a raffia or ribbon bow around the stem.
I absolutely love this project, especially because it can stay up through Thanksgiving.
More to come...check back!